Monday, April 27, 2009

Best music of this century

Well. It has certainly been a long time between my 2nd and 3rd blogs. But I’ve been inspired by my good friend Gilbert, who is planning to start blogging about cars. I know nothing about cars, but I still really enjoyed reading his drafts for his blog, so he must be good.

Anyways, I’ve been thinking that since this decade is winding up, what things have really happened since the turn of the century? Obviously there was the 911 attacks, the war on terror, Obama-fever, getting married, Brisbane Lions 3-peat …. but what I’ve been really thinking about is pop culture.


I asked some esteemed colleagues (aka the other guys in the band) about what their favourite albums of this century have been and they both scratched their heads. I’ve been much the same, but after hours of careful thought (and checking itunes to see what year certain albums were released), I have compiled my top 10 albums of the century (in no real order … because that was too hard).

Beck – Sea Change
Spoon – Kill the Moonlight
Eels – Souljacker
Sufjan Stevens – Come On Feel The Illinoise
Kings of Leon – Aha Shake Heartbreak
Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend
Electric Six – Fire
Dr Dog – We All Belong
The Hives – Veni Vidi Vicious
Gisli – How About That?

What about movies? TV shows? Books? Forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment